Warner’s Nursery & Landscape Co. is now accepting applications for a Greengoods Manager. Scroll down for a complete job description. If you do not meet the qualifications, or are not willing to work weekends and holidays, please do not apply.
To be considered, please download and complete our application form and email to email@example.com. Application forms are also available at the Nursery, and completed applications can be dropped off there.
Job Description: The Greengoods Manager provides excellent customer service, making sure all customers are greeted and helped when entering the outdoor nursery areas. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining a vibrant, fresh, and clean appearance in the outdoor nursery at all times. Providing a comfortable, educational, safe and relaxing shopping experience is your top priority.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise greengoods plant staff.
- Assist in hiring new staff, plan and organize workload and staff assignments.
- Train, motivate, and evaluate assigned staff; review progress and direct changes as needed.
- Perform store opening and closing duties as needed.
- Assist customers with warranty and other management issues.
- Assure all customers are greeted with a smile and properly assisted while in the outdoor nursery areas.
- Maintain proper inventory levels at appropriate times of the year; provide a good selection and maintain quality control of all plant material.
- Manage inventory to increase sales but limit overstock and markdowns.
- Be aware of changing seasons and do not allow excess inventory to accumulate.
- Select product lines, choose new items, and drop any poor quality or non-hardy items.
- Assist Marketing personnel in creating the advertisement schedule for the year.
- Receive shipments and evaluate quality; be critical of quality and return sub-standard goods as needed.
- Establish appropriate relationships with vendors.
- Understand the importance of pricing and buy product in a manner that allows the company to maintain profit margin and be competitive in the market.
- Give input into growing schedule and promotional items.
- Be knowledgeable of upcoming promotions and buy product accordingly.
- Establish a watering schedule and assure that all staff complies with proper watering techniques.
- Maintain a clean and organized outdoor nursery area.
- Assure that plant material is handled properly and displayed in an attractive manner.
- Maintain excellent plant quality; be aware of insect and disease problems and take proper action to prevent such problems.
- Keep in-house disposal to a minimum.
- Maintain signage for all outdoor nursery display areas; create new signs as needed to assure all areas show proper pricing and accurate plant descriptions.
Physical Requirements: This is a highly physical job – you will be on your feet most of the time, and will be outdoors most of the time. You will occasionally be kneeling, climbing, operating machinery, and required to lift/carry or push/pull items weighing more than 25 lbs. It can be a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
About Warner’s Nursery: Warner’s Nursery & Landscape Company is a family owned nursery, operating in Northern Arizona, United States. We feature a retail nursery and garden center, as well as a residential and commercial landscape construction, design/build, and landscape maintenance company. We are dedicated to helping our customers succeed in their gardens, given our many different micro climates in Northern Arizona. At Warner’s, we understand that benefits matter. Our competitive offering (for these positions) includes:
- Paid time off
- Health benefits
- Generous Employee Discounts
- Professional growth and development opportunities AND a work environment where Respect, Integrity and Balance are just a few of our fundamental values!
Interested and qualified applicants, please download our application form or pick one up at Warner’s Nursery. Completed applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off at the store. No phone calls please.