Warner’s Nursery & Landscape Co. is accepting applications for a Retail Assistant Manager. Scroll down for a complete job description.
If you love to garden and have retail and supervisor experience, this is a great chance to combine what you love with what you know and earn $45,000 – $60,000 a year doing it (plus excellent benefits.)
Hard work? Yes. You’ll be on your feet and helping us meet the everyday demands of running Flagstaff’s largest nursery. Weekend and holiday hours are required.
Fun, rewarding environment? Absolutely. This is a team that acts like a family. We expect a lot, but we give a lot too.
To be considered, please download and complete our application form and drop off at the Nursery. Application forms can also be picked up at the Nursery.
Job Description: The Assistant Manager reports to the Store Manager and leads a team of retail staff to deliver on the company’s goals of sales, service and display. The Assistant Manager spends most of their time as an active, visible leader; motivating, directing, and coaching retail staff as a hands-on manager.
The Assistant Store manager will be expected to contribute to all areas of the store, and perform and contribute to every position in the store. They will also leverage tools, reports and insights to make appropriate business adaptations that result in increased sales and improved service. Building agile, service-focused teams to deliver on the evolving expectations of our customers is top priority.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Unloading trucks, moving plant material, and creating displays throughout the store.
- Directing the execution of our core standards and overall visual direction to maximize sales and profitability.
- Driving sales through all channels by maximizing selling behaviors.
- Capitalizing on all promotional events through successful event execution and staff excitement.
- Delivering inspirational experiences for our customers through effective execution of programs and outreach.
- Aligning with company direction and communicating critical company strategies and changes to teams as needed.
- Recognizing and rewarding team members to strengthen engagement and foster teamwork.
- Providing dynamic and regular customer-focused feedback and engaging in two-way dialogue.
- Working closely with upper management and being a key member of the retail store management team.
- Educating and training garden center associates, and coordinating outside training for all departments, with a goal of ongoing education. Our Retail Associates are the face of Warner’s and our customers expect Associates to be smiling, eager and knowledgeable.
On a typical day you can expect:
- A fast-paced environment
- Customers who count on personal, knowledgeable staff
- To be on your feet 8-10 hours a day performing a variety of tasks
- To learn something new
Desired Skills & Expertise:
- Minimum of 3+ years of successful retail supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated dynamic leadership skills with the ability to lead, motivate, teach, and train individuals with different personality types; as well as develop future leaders.
- Proficiency in interpreting and using retail financial metrics to drive key performance indicators.
- Demonstrated ability to set standards and hold team members accountable.
- Effective communication skills, with and between customers, associates, and upper management.
- Commitment to deliver an outstanding customer experience.
- Experienced with creating visual displays.
- Availability on weekends, holidays, early mornings, late nights, and everything in between is required.
- Physically able to lift, pull, push, and move heavy and large objects all day, and to be on your feet all day.
- Ability to operate yard equipment.
Salary: $45,000 to $60,000/year, depending on experience. At Warner’s, we understand that benefits matter. Our competitive offering includes:
- Paid time off
- Health benefits
- Generous Employee Discounts
- Professional growth and development opportunities AND
- a work environment where Respect, Integrity and Balance are just a few of our fundamental values!
About Warner’s Nursery: Warner’s Nursery & Landscape Company is a family owned nursery, operating in Northern Arizona, United States. We feature a retail nursery and garden center, as well as a residential and commercial landscape construction, design/build, and landscape maintenance company. We are dedicated to helping our customers succeed in their gardens, given our many different micro climates in Northern Arizona.