Looking to put some pizzazz in your houseplant collection? Well, Warner’s is happy to announce we have some rare Frizzle Sizzle in stock. This native of South Africa is a bulb plant that features fabulously corkscrew leaves.
When in flower, the Frizzle Sizzle (more formally known as the Albuca spiralis) has fragrant, yellow blooms with a sweet smell similar to vanilla.
Caring for Your Frizzle Sizzle
- Keep them warm. This plant thrives best at temps over 60 degrees.
- It likes sunlight, but not direct sunlight, which can burn its leaves.
- On the other hand, not enough sunlight will take the sizzle out of the frizzle and your leaves won’t curl as much.
- Let your plant dry out between waterings.
- Frizzle sizzles tend to go dormant in the summer after flowering. At that point, stop watering and fertilizing until you see new foliage in the fall/winter.
- The Frizzle Sizzle seems to be blessedly free of pests and disease, making it an easy plant to maintain.
- Final note: When your Frizzle Sizzle sends up its flower stalks in the spring, the tips of the leaves might brown. This is a natural occurrence and not a sign that your plant is ill.